The Turtle Who Indeed Stopped Talking Story Week 12

 Bibliography: Ellen C Babbitt, The Turtle who Couldn't Stop Talking

One day, I was just strollin around the wildnerness where I live by the pond. There were these two birds who flew around me for quite a while, pretty sure they were geese. I got very nervous and scared so I hid myself in the pond. The geese flew away and never bothered me the rest of the time. 

The next day, the two geese came back and I was outside the pond at the time. They came down to me and said, "Turtle, we are looking for some food for the night, can you be our dinner?" I, still scared and nervous at day two, decided to talk calmly to the geese. 

"Why would you want to eat me, I've done nothing to the two of you besides be friendly, I just met you guys." I exclaimed. The geese decided to be friends and stop terrorizing me. 

A couple days the geese came to visit me at the pond, we talked and hung out a lot. One day the geese tell me they will take me to a far away very nice home if I could keep my mouth shut. "Of course, I will not say anything. I don't like this pond too much anymore anyways," I said. "Let me go get a stick for you to put your mouth on so we can fly you there," said the geese. They come back and I'm ready to get away from this pond.

As we were flying, there were little children down below us yelling and screaming wondering how I got up there with them. I kept my mouth shut and didn't say a thing, it was the hardest thing I've had to do. 

30 minutes went by and we finally arrived to the nicest "house" I have ever seen in my life. It had this massive pool and pond in the back just for myself. I had the best time there and never wanted to leave.

Authors Note: I kept the beginning the same but just made the days longer and had more days the geese came back. I had them terrorize "the turtle," which is the perspective I wrote this story in. The geese in both stories were friends with the turtle and the kids also saw the turtle flying ahead. But I changed it to where the turtle didn't say anything. In the original story, the geese drop the turtle and he falls right in front of the children and dies because he couldn't keep his mouth shut. 


Comments

  1. Hey Logan, I love that you decided to add to the story of 'The Turtle who Couldn't Stop Talking' because I really enjoyed the original. I think what you did by making the days longer is a really smart writing technique because oftentimes people like to get straight to the point. This made the story super enjoyable to read, so keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Logan!

    I really enjoyed reading this piece of work! I think the writing style you used was perfect to complement the plot and the theme of the story! Your author's note was also really useful in helping with confusion from the story! Also, I really like the image you used to go with your story! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Logan, this story threw me as I was used to the turtle not being able to keep his mouth shut! I like how you wrote it so the turtle was quite and this led to him living at a much nicer house! I like how the turtle was rewarded for not blabbering and was not eaten at the end! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Logan!

    I like how you changed the ending of the story here and had the turtle survive. I didn't like how the original story ended so I think it was very fitting that you changed it up like this. I also found it to be interesting that the turtle doesn't seem to talk very much in this version either. The geese seem to be more the talkers to me. Great work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Logan's Introduction