The Farmer, Mouse, and Cat Story Week 13

 Bibliography: W. H. D. RouseThe Mouse and The Farmer
One day, there was a farmer who was just hanging out around his ranch when a mouse came crawling up to him. This little mousie buried a hole in the ground where he stays and sleeps. "Hey farmer, my name is mousie. I see you around all the time and want to be friends with you in exchange for whatever you want."
"Hi mousie, nice to meet you. Come back another day and we can talk more, but I'll make sure not to hurt you." Little did the farmer know that he was about to get the best gifts from the mouse ever. The farmer had a cat named cattie but the cat didn't know because he was so small.
A couple days went by and finally the mouse came back with gold from the ground. The farmer was so appreciative of this and decided to find a way to show his appreciation. 
"Thank you so much mousie, this is very nice of you. I have decided to give you pieces of meat for you to eat to show my appreciativeness," the farmer said. "This is so kind farmer, I look forward to doing this everyday with you." 
One day, the cat saw the mouse and wanted to eat him, but mousie thought otherwise. "Please don't eat me, we can be best friends and I will come hangout with you everyday," said mousie to cattie. 
Everyday from then on, the mouse would meet the farmer and give him gold. When the farmer gets the gold, the mouse gets the meat from him and it is a great exchange for both of them but cattie is disappointed. 
Mousie left his hole every morning and would hangout with cattie. They became bestest of friends and couldn't go a day without seeing eachother. During the day is when the farmer and mouse would exchange the gifts given for eachother.


Authors Note: I kept the two stories somewhat the same. I decided to switch the ending to where the cat and mouse end up being best friends instead of the cat trying to eat the mouse then dying instead. The cat ate glass that he thought was just the mouse but then the mouse ended up crawling out while the cat was dying. Most of the story is the same, I just decided to make it more wholesome and sweet.



Comments

  1. Hey Logan! First of all, what an image to use for this story! How cool. I like how you switched the story to the cat and mouse ending up as friends in the end, rather than death. I like how you took a wholesome turn with this story, I personally like this version better! Haha. Overall, great work and fantastic writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Logan! I was a bit confused on some parts, but reading the author's note made the story more understandable. I do like that you changed a bad ending to a happy ending! It would be pretty tragic for a cat to die while eating glass. The picture you posted got a good chuckle out of me as well. Great job and good luck on your finals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Logan!

    Good work here. I was a little confused by the fact that the cat works out the agreement to be friends with the mouse, but then becomes disappointed about it and then becomes fine again by the end. It seemed so sudden of a shift. Other than that, the exchange between the three of them was good.

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Turtle Who Indeed Stopped Talking Story Week 12

Logan's Introduction