Reading Notes, The Ox Who Won The Forfeit

   Bibliography: Ellen C Babbitt, The Ox Who Won The Forfeit
-A Man owned an Ox and he was so strong, the man bragged to everyone about him.
-The owner told a man in a village that, ""I will pay a forfeit of a thousand pieces of silver if my strong Ox cannot draw a line of one hundred wagons." The man in the village agreed and decided to make the bet.
- The owner took the Ox and a huge crowd decided to come out to see.
-Then the owner whipped his Ox, and said: "Get up, you wretch! Get along, you rascal!" The Ox was very concerned as to why he was spoken that way so he just stood still.
-That night, he went to feed him and the Ox asks, ""Why did you whip me to-day? You never whipped me before. Why did you call me 'wretch' and 'rascal'? You never called me hard names before."
-The owner decided to never do that to him again and the Ox took his apology. The Ox agrees to go tomorrow to do what he failed in the earlier day before.
-The village man asks, "Did you come back to lose more money?" "To-day I will pay a forfeit of two thousand pieces of silver if my Ox is not strong enough to pull the one hundred carts," said the owner.
-The Ox achieved the tasks and the crowd went wild. They paid the owner back what he lost and exclaimed, "Your Ox is the strongest Ox we ever saw."

The Ox and His owner going home after the VICTORY!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Logan's Introduction

The Talking Turtle and The Kings Boys Week 4 Story