Week 2 Reading Overview

 The Ramayana I have chose is option 2, Public Domain Edition. I chose this one because it is an anthology version and I had never heard of that until now but it sounds interesting. I like how in anthology, there are many different poems and pieces of writings from you to look at and read. I also enjoy that there are 4 different sections of each reading, like A, B, C, and D for example for you to read and understand what is going on. I'm interested in learning how this collection of writings is shown since I have never heard of it or seen anything like this before looking at today's reading assignment.


http://ackguide.blogspot.com/2015/05/guide-kubera.html

The first comic book that caught my eye was "Kubera: The Lord of Wealth". As you know, I am a finance major and I've always enjoyed messing around with money and understanding where it comes from so this is one reason this caught my eye, just to realize how he became the Lord. Also, It interested me about the struggles he had with his half brother, Ravana, because how can one who is The Lord of Wealth struggling with his brother, but to answer that in a sense, everyone deals with struggles no matter what is invovled, even if you are The Lord of Wealth. like Kubera. 


http://ackguide.blogspot.com/2015/08/this-is-guide-to-andhaka-dark-lord-who.html

Another comic book I picked out was, "Andhaka: The Dark Lord Who Saw Light". I'm interested in this because how did he/she end up finding light, was it random? Was it a person who always was down about themselves? I have many questions and I will find them out but this comic seemed very entertaining and caught my eye.



Kubera, The Lord of Wealth


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ftsk6wO49E&list=PLrWYQjLLbXcie5DuhgxacocxvQp_5pNIX&index=14&t=0s

My first video I chose was Sanskrit in 60 seconds. After watching this, I learned many different things and I didn't realize Sanskrit was that big according to these religions. These religions it has influences are Hinduism, Buddhism, and JanismOne of the classical languages of India, meaning refinement and perfection. It is considered the "Mother of all languages". I didn't know Sanskrit was that important to people around India, I thought it was just a writing.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEwqWoZ0jg4&list=PLrWYQjLLbXcie5DuhgxacocxvQp_5pNIX&index=16&t=0s

The next video I chose to watch is the Foods for Gods one. "The Gods are said to be Immortal. But even so, they do consume things". This was the first quote that popped up and maybe some people will think it's true and some won't, but who knows. In this video, I learned about different Gods and the things they consume or serve in certain times. In my opinion, the one that caught my attention the most was SOMA, which is the intoxicating beverage that is served among the gods in time of festivity. This was interesting to me because a beverage is being consumed or served during a time of fun activities or maybe even just to heal someone or something.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Turtle Who Indeed Stopped Talking Story Week 12

Logan's Introduction