The Talking Turtle and The Kings Boys Week 4 Story

 Once upon a time, there was a king who had a lake for his boys to play in. He told the boys that he had gotten fishes in there for them to see and mess around with. While the boys we're at the lake, they saw something very suspicious and out of the ordinary. The suspicious animal was a Turtle, but they had never seen one before. The boys run back to the King and the men inside and yell that there is something in the water, they referred it to as a demon and that the demon was out to get them. The King forced men to go out to the lake to catch this, out of ordinary, species. When the men brought the Turtle back, the King wanted these men to kill it because only fish were supposed to be in the water. As they went around the room and talked about killing the animal, the Turtle pokes it's head out and says, "what have I done to you humans for you guys to want to do something to hurt me and hurt my life? The lake is my safe spot and I would never do anything to hurt you guys, the boys, or this king." The king demanded for the Turtle to be thrown back into the lake and for the boys to never worry again. As the men are walking back, the Turtle snaps at them from afar and decides to be rude because they were talking about killing him. The Turtle was not happy about the interaction with these humans and says "I will be back, don't you worry. These boys will run from me once again eventually." 

Authors Note: I decided on this story to not change much up besides the ending and how the Turtle reacted to the humans wanting to kill Turtle. I kept the same plot and same characters, plus mainly everything that happened in the story, just in my own words.


Bibliography. "The Turtle and The King " from Jakata Anthology. https://sites.google.com/view/jatakas/turtle

Turtle, Men, Boys, and The King (Two Turtle Jatakas)






Comments

  1. Hello!
    I loved your story about the Turtle and the Boys and the King, I thought it was very easy to read. I think it is a nice story. I think it could be an interesting addition to have the family be surprised that the turtle could speak, or maybe it isn't out of the ordinary in the land in this story for turtles to pop up out of the water and start talking. I think it would be very cool to get a follow up to this story to see what happens with the turtle later- does he get the boys back or do they have more interactions throughout the years? I think it could be a good opportunity for a series of stories about the boys and the turtle. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello logan, I really enjoyed your rendition of this story. I myself wrote my own version of this story as well if you want to check it out. I also maintained all the element of the stories but changed only that there was one evil prince! I also liked that you included to make the king decide to throw the turtle back and to not have the princes worry instead of the original which i believe he orders them to have the turtle killed. Great job and keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Logan, I loved your twist at the end when the turtle ends up having malicious intentions against the sons. It really makes you think about who exactly is the bad guy in the story. Does the turtle want to just mind his own business and not be disturbed, or does he actually wish to torment the sons and scare them for his mere enjoyment? What an interesting idea! I wonder if the king had more reasons for wanting to kill the turtle initially? The way I interpreted the story when reading it was that the king was so fond of his sons that, even though he knew the turtle wasn't dangerous, he wanted to make his sons happy by killing it and "getting rid of the demon." What if, instead of throwing it back into the lake and telling the sons to just ignore the turtle, the king just took the turtle and threw it in some other body of water, away from the sons' lake? In that case, the king "gets rid of the demon" but also doesn't unnecessarily kill an animal. Moreover, if the turtle is malicious as you suggest, then the turtle is moved elsewhere away from the sons, protecting them from harm! Just some of my own thoughts, but I really enjoyed reading your story and your take on the Turtle and the King!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Logan, that is interesting that the story just ended with the turtle's thoughts. I did not read the original story, so I had no idea what to expect. One thing I enjoyed about the story was the dialogue and image. I felt that the dialogue really helped the reader understand the turtle, and the image fit in perfectly with the plot. Overall great story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Logan! I enjoyed your concise re-telling of the original story. It was very easy to understand and kept my interest by not being too long than it needed to be. How does the turtle plan to scare the boys in the future? One thing I think would be a good addition to your story is to include why the king decided to throw the turtle back into the lake.. In the original version they thought this would kill him, so what drove this decision in your version of the story?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Turtle Who Indeed Stopped Talking Story Week 12

Logan's Introduction